 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1786
RE: Swan firmware crash!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:47:54 GMT

Exception error 40 is intended to indicate that you've tried to write to an
invalid source parameter value. "Source parameter" is the first byte of an
internal interpreter variable (0 is variable, 2 is constant, etc). If you
send me the NQC source I will try to run it and duplicate the problem. I
have PC diagnostic code that will tell me the exact interpreter instruction
where the error is occurring.

After a long absence, I'm looking at firmware for an update where I will
also try to fix the exceptiino '5' that has been reported in a recent
thread.

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of "Steve Lane" <@qs483.pair.com stevenrobertlane@
yahoo.co.uk@qs483.pair.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:09 PM
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Swan firmware crash!

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Daniele Benedettelli wrote:
Hi.
I've installed new NQC and BRICXcc to test new functions
in fast firmware by Dick Swan.
I wanted to see if the new 1/1000th second resolution could let me drive a
servo.

When I try to use the SetMotorPower128 command, compiler is ok, • downloading is
ok,but program crashes: RCX beeps and on display there is

" 40 "  "tiny legoman blinking"  "number of the program"

Why?

Please help!
I think someone had similar problems

You haven't given us(readers) much to go on. I had a similair problem but
finding the solution was a bit of a fluke.

If you could provide some info like program size, and a description of what
the
program does or some code we may have more luck in identifying the problem.

Steve