 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1778
1777  |  1779
Subject:
I've got what Iain Hendry's got, was Re: Swan Firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:25:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Iain Hendry wrote:
"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote:

Now, the only problem is it doesn't seem to want to run a program I'm
working on right now.  It'll run one of the subs, then the lil' guy starts
flashing, and the display shows a no. 5.  Is that an error code or
something?

    Iain

I've got the flashing five problem as well, and it's really annoying, I spent
most of my Friday in vain trying to fix it.

I thought/think it's a stack overflow problem, but after serious optimising of
my program It's made zero difference.

Before the 256 variables limit of Swan, it was seen as good practice to use
local's wherever possible. But with 256 global variables to work with I'm doing
the exact opposite. I'm only using 69 variables (both kinds) at compile time.

This problem is particularly galling as I've been working on the main program
for quite a while and it's very reliable. All I did was add some functions,
which also worked well, from the test program I used to develop said functions.

At the moment the program crashes, I'm only running two tasks (+ main) and two
functions. They are all nested and their is no recursion. Each task has it's own
running while loop.

Program size is 4022bytes, I had problems at 4249 bytes but not at 4245 bytes.

Any help would be much appreciated as this problem is becoming really annoying.

Steve