 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1686 (-20)
  NQC problem...driving me insane!

Hey all, I know I must be doing something very simple wrong here - but I can't for the life of me figure it out. What I'm trying to do: Have a light sensor pointed at a surface. Pass that value off to a variable (the variable then contains the (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

I tried to include the LDraw file but I had problems posting. (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

I tried to include the LDraw file but I had problems posting. (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

I did this in the past (since disassembled the bot) and found it to be quite reliable; except on slippery surfaces and carpet. :) The trick that I employed was to gear-up the rotation sensor. This causes the rotation sensor to detect even a slight (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

Have you come across the adder/subtractor drive? Although it make the gear chain slightly more complex - it may mean you can leave out the sensor entirely. The drive has two inputs (A and B), and two outputs - one being A+B, and the other A-B. So if (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

(...) Sounds good. I use a CyberMaster for the movement part of the robot because it has tachos on each internal motor. I modify the power settings for the motors to keep the robot (reasonably) straight, rather than stop and start them. If you tried (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

Hi I saw in the LEGO Mindstorms Web Page that many people made their robots with 2 motors go straight using one rotation sensor on each wheel and stopping the correct motor until both sensors were equal. I got Ultimate Accessory Set as a present (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

Very helpful info... thanks all for the info. "Mike" <kbg17[nospam]@[nosp...tzero.net> wrote in message news:Hxqu55.23Az@lugnet.com... (...) cylinder (...) does (...) they (...) They (...) T, one (...) by (...) I.D. (...) sold (...) just (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Presumably that was Ben Fleskes... (see (URL) Interesting....they make custom plastic parts. (...) I have been very pleased with the wheels Ben commissioned and it's in part a testimony to the molder he chose (and in part to his engineering (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) I bought some T-connectors that work great from a local RC hobby store. They were fuel hose fittings for RC planes or cars. The package contained one T, one penbladder T, and two 90 degree fittings. It cost US$2.95. They are made by Fourmost (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Analog RCX Clock