 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1066 (-20)
  RE: Revisions to RcxCC

I've tested your RcxCC version, and it works great with RCX2 (AFAIK). (ah, and still works simultaneously with CyberMaster too, eheh) That reminds me, one very useful thing for people working with various pBricks simultaneously (like myself), would (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

Hi, I'm Ronald Strijbosch from the Netherlands and I have made a brent new program based om RCXCC, called Visual NQC 2001. The program is still in beta but the final version will be released soon. I think this program is verry interesting for you so (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

Works great! Nice to see the Scout support. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New version: MacNQC 2.2.1

Hi all, I have just uploaded a new version of MacNQC. Version 2.2.1 is a minor release based on 2.2 and only changes the compiler from 2.2r2 to 2.3r1 and fixes a crash on older Power PC machines. Version 2.2 updated the text editor to WASTE 2.0. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: program wont stop running

(...) If the person stops running, then that means the program has stopped. The "Run" button stops a program and turns off the motors. However, when a program finished normally (with nothing more to do), the motors are left in whatever state the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: program wont stop running

(...) The program has stopped running. It stops as soon as it starts... You just need to STOP the motor when your done. Otherwise it just stays on... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

I'm Tamotsu Kamigaki from Japan. I am teaching the Computer Science in university. I had already modified the RcxCC to support the Scout and the USB IrTower that is included in RIS2.0 set. The RIS2.0 set was released in Nov. 2000 only in Japan. My (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) Looking into the way syntax highlighting is performed in RcxCC revealed a few "features" that I find undesirable. In my experience, the Undo doesn't really work right. It also appears to be counting the change of highlighting as a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  program wont stop running

O.k., I've never had this happen before, and don't know why it's doing it now. A program as simple as: task main() { SetPower(OUT_A,7); OnFwd(OUT_A); } won't stop running after i hit the "Run" button on the rcx (1.5). Also, the little person in the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) I am considering taking advantage of the -raw option on NQC or possibly the -remote option to further enable RcxCC in the absence of Spirit.ocx. Of course, most users of RcxCC will have spirit.ocx, but Scout users may not. I'm not planning on (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Exploration Mars Balloon Tires Part#

Hello Would anyone happen to know the LEGO Shop-At-Home part # for the Balloon Tires that come with the Exploration Mars expanion set ? Thanks Tim Goodwin (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

hi John, Great idea, (for RCXcc is a very good application, even my children can write programs with it) I just had the same idea, but my time is limited. I've need some more ideas, here are some of mine ideas (and bugs), I wanted to implement: - (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) You can probably use NQC to implement a lot of the other fancy features as well. The "-raw" option for NQC lets you send raw byte packets. You'd need to figure out the actual bytecodes from Lego's LASM document, but you wouldn't have to worry (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) This is unclear. What I mean to say is that I'm revising RcxCC so that it will be able to run in the situation where you do not have the Spirit OCX installed on your system. Since NQC is all that is required to compile, download, and run a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Revisions to RcxCC

I'm working on a revision to Mark Overmars' fantastic RcxCC program. I'm an experienced Delphi programmer so that's no problem. But I'm not all that experienced with NQC or the RCX generally. I've got a the latest version of NQC, a Cybermaster, an (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

(...) My guess is that SENSOR_1 in your receiving RCX is getting a 1 when your program starts. I imagine that OFF is the default state for OUT_B in your transmitter RCX, and that the receiver is seeing this before OUT_B is switched to FLOAT. This is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

(...) Hi Dean, meanwhile I followed your suggestions and implemented a scheme that uses a pulse scheme like this: ______ ______ ______ __ ______ ______ ___...___ Start Bit3 Bit2 Bit1 Bit0 A bit value of 1 results in a long pulse, a bit value of 0 in (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Yet another Q: IR messages

(...) Hi Tobias I'm not very familiar with NQC events, but if you want to use a blocking function for receiving your message, use parts of the code i posted before. int local_message = 0; int global_message = 0; task main() { //do what you like (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Yet another Q: IR messages

If I am understanding what you want correclty (I have never used the RCX-code) only NQC then try this. Assume: RCX2 is sending message # 15 to RCX1. RCX1 is in a waiting state until it gets the message RCX code: . . . While (Message() != 15){ ++i; } (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "Speed" of control statments

Actually, its not a general programming question. Efficiency of something like events is heavily dependent on the operating system (in this case the Lego firmware). Efficiency of "if" vs. "switch" can be very dependent on the compiler and the CPU (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact