 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1036 (-20)
  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

I am not positive about this, but some of the jitter may be due to the mode in which the motor outputs work. They are PWM at 125 Hz, so I am wondering if, when the byte code to change an output setting is executed, the new state setting is placed (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

Hi Bernd, When you need it really fast, you sholud use legOS instead of NQC. A program written with NQC uses the LEGO firmware, which is a ByteCode Interpreter. This pogram is interpreted Byte after Byte from firmaware. The firmware executes the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: sending variables betwen rcx's?

Hi Adam, if I understand your problem correctly, you want to transmit a sensor value from one RCX to another RCX which will work with that value. Now, if the 2 RCXs can "see" each other than simply use the Message statement. If not, you should take (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

It's me again with the subject "electrical datalink between 2 RCXs" (I posted some articles a couple of weeks ago). This subject may seem trivial but in fact it is not. Dealing with it, I discovered some "unpleasanties" in the general execution of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New Version of MacNQC

Hello, I have just released the final version of MacNQC 2.2. This release incorporates the latest (2.2 r2) version of the NQC compiler. Find and replace were added. An Auto indent mode in the editor was added. New RCX test and control panels were (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQCEdit

Dear two, I like your program very much. I have three suggestions: 1. Give a progress indication when downloading or uploading, if possible. 2. Identify unsaved changes by an asterisk behind the filename in the titlebar. 3. Allow to copy from the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Event monitoring

(...) You can generate a message internally with InternalMessage(X); but X must be a constant (can't be a variable). I'm not sure if this will trigger the message event - I haven't tried it myself. If it does trigger an event, you could use the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Event monitoring

Hi all, I have just switched to NQC 2.3 b1 (from 2.2) to implement the new features of the RCX 2.0. I have used event monitoring to clean up my if/else statements that control outputs. This works fine with all legal event sources, but I use allot of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: sending variables betwen rcx's?

Hey, wow. did'nt know some of that. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: sending variables betwen rcx's?

My advice would be to try and solve the problem using the regular message facilities (SendMessage(), ClearMessage(), Message()). If you have more than 255 values to convey between the RCX's, then you can try chaining multiple messages together (with (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: sending variables betwen rcx's?

Mechanical responce to light stimuli, involving motor ports from the RCX to controll levers ,switches or other motion components. A series of Send and Recive, & Wait times, allow Comand stacks from the sensor watchers to to activate these devices. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  sending variables betwen rcx's?

to all i am currently working on a robot with 2 rcx due to the number of sensors i have on the robot. my current problem is that i have 2 light sensor which is conected to seperate rcx. one of the rcx with light sensor is calibrated using some (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New version of NQCEdit

The new version is downloadable from (URL) (later this week also from (URL) ) Thanks to all beta testers, especially Mario Ferrari for his load of input to us. What's New?? Improvements in version 1.1 ---...--- * The user can select if the source (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX2 info

You will never see a/c socket in the 2.0 brick, because it has been released in Japan. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX2 info

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 6:09 AM Subject: Re: RCX2 info (...) This question has been answered by Juergen. (...) only (...) Have you seen (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX2 info

(...) Yes, get it here: (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX2 info

Here are my 2 cents on your questions (...) RCX2 will be a new brick. You won't be able to buy it until the fall of this year. (...) I'm not sure if you can just download the new firmware into an RCX1. From what I've seen the physcial difference (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX2 info

Hi, Can anybody inform me about RCX2? I want to know if: - RCX2 is an new Lego brick (another then RCX1.0)? If Yes, where can I buy it? - It is possible to upgrade RCX1 to RCX2 by loading new firmware? If Yes, where can I download tis firmware and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001 Beta 3 release

Frans, Your story sounds very strange to me, but You should place NQC.exe in a directory like C:\NQC\NQC.exe (No spaces in the path!!) Change the path to NQC.exe by use of the preferences dialog. This must fix the runtime error. I will check the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Beta testers wanted

Some of you already downloaded NQCEdit, but we have only got two people to report bugs. Thank to Mario Ferrari and Marc Buchner for the suggestions they reported. For futher development we need some input about whats missing, bugs and so on. So if (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact