 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1036
Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:02:56 GMT

I am not positive about this, but some of the jitter may be due
to the mode in which the motor outputs work. They are PWM at
125 Hz, so I am wondering if, when the byte code to change an
output setting is executed, the new state setting is placed into
a sort of pending queue and only applies at the end of the current
"cycle". This would explain large timing jitters. And in my recollection
I have never noticed the motor PWM timing ever making short pulses
because the motor state was changed when looking on a 'scope.

... but its just a guess

JB