 Robotics / RCX / legOS / Search Results: Mac BrickOS
 Results 81 – 100 of about 790.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  got usb tower working at quad speed under linux

I've managed to get the USB tower working for quad speed downloads under linux. There were some interesting issues along the way. 1) The usb tower doesn't allow control over parity, so you have to leave it on odd. I got around this by making a new (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.308)

  Re: Interruptions in BrickOS

Good questions! See responses below... "Martin De Wulf" <madewulf@ulb.ac.be> wrote in message news:H51ItF.Ax1@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) You may want to check out the latest (now called BrickOS) at (URL) For us, real-time properties of the platform (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.308)

  Re: small patch to build dll on linux

John, I believe I have a good solution. I ran a test both under Win98 and a forced Linux OS (set OSTYPE=LINUX in makefiles). Below is a patch file for the current CVS version of brickOS. As soon as I get confirmation that this does fix my bug I will (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.307)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

Could you expand on what you want to do with BrickOS? Something about project files? generating make file? If this has anything to do with having a file anywhere on your hard-drive and having it compile leaving an *.LX file behind, I may be of some (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.307)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

This will be quite nice! I would be awesome if we could package a single "install" that would place precompiled GCC and Binutil files on the drive. That way, the user would simply install some cygwin support, then this program, download BrickOS, and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.307)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

If anyone is at all interested, I have a completed porting the brickOS headers to a set of Pascal units. At present, I have successfully written Pascal versions of essentially all the C and C++ demo files - including TrailerBot. I've also written a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.306)

  a suggestion for BrickOS

Who would I contact about creating a library of math functions? (sqrt, sin, cos, tan, invsin, invcos, invtan, and ect.) Would they be able to add the library to the standard files in the BrickOS project? Timothy (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.306)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I, too, have been at it for three weeks. gcc and bintools build OK under cygwin, but when it gets to the cross-compiler, the whole make process craps out. The compile fails because some of the cross-compiler sources are (complaining about) missing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.306)

  Update for DJGPP version

Here is an update for my (slow) progress for creating a DJGPP compatible or port of brickOS. At this time I am solely focused on getting a cross compiler built and putting off other issues (such as tty comms, see (URL) I have tried three methods to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.305)

  Watch Dog Timer on the H8

Has anyone been able to make use of the Watch Dog Timer on the RCX? The H8 documentation seems to spell out the workings quite well. BrickOS (LegOS) has minimal support (a vector is declared for both NMI and overflow) and pbForth files list the WDT (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.305)

  Re: Instructions for building DJGPP H8300 cross compiler

Ed, This is GREAT to see. Will this work with the latest version of BrickOS? Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:06:53 GMT To: lugnet.robotics.rcx....lugnet.com Subject: Instructions (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.305)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal

This is extremely preliminary, but I can't wait to share the news. I've managed to build a Hitachi H8 cross compiler for GNU Pascal (under cygwin on W2K) and have successfully downloaded and ran the following Pascal program on brickOS. program (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.305)

  Re: Cygwin/Gcc/Legos-0.2.6 Installation

(...) Something is definitely not quite right with your setup. Makefile.common in the util subdirectory of the BrickOS tree has the following code in it: # # WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values: # ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.304)

  Re: Strip Command

(...) appears (...) Rick, Windows 98 is not correctly checked in the Makefiles. I have fixed this is the current CVS version. For now I would simply add CYGWIN_98-4.10 to all Makefiles which do this check. I believe that is only $ (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.304)

  Re: Cygwin/Gcc/Legos-0.2.6 Installation

Rick, I have never used 'make strip' and have been using legOS/BrickOS for quite some time now. So, if it doesn't work, that should not stop you from continuing. However, with BrickOS, the make strip command now executes 'strip fontdesign.exe (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.304)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Pascal/OOP definitely adds a bit of overhead. It is possible that some of that overhead could be lessened by tweaking the Pascal headers. I'm going to fiddle a bit with a couple of different approaches to see what works best now that I have a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.304)

  Installing BrickOS 0.2.6.09.newConf2

Hi, I tried to install brickos 0.2.6.09.newConf2 using the (URL) tutorial, everything goes kind of smoothly untill i have to type make strip in /brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2/util cygwin responds with: $ make strip strip fontdesign.exe strip: (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.303)

  Re: Gcc Problems

(...) Your previous post indicated that you were running under cygwin, iirc, so the line to which you refer above is not where your problem lies. In Makefile.common there are several sections that only apply to a particular operating system, cygwin, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.303)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

(...) I had essentially no problems with brickos-2.6.08 - aside from noticing at least a couple new headers I have to port to Pascal. configure worked like a charm. The only issue I encountered was regarding TOOLPREFIX. The way that I have my cygwin (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.303)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Great work John! Do you have any comparisons of executable sizes between C/C++ and Pascal/OOP? ROSCO (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.303)

More:  Next Page >>