 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 742
  Re: legOS documentation

(...) for creating some documentation on legOS. Sorry that I didn't think about this earlier, but the easiest way would be to just build upon Luis Villa's excellent HowTo!!! The problems are then if he agrees with it, and how to set up the whole (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

I really wish I had time to maintain the docs. Heck, I wish I had time to pay with the toys. :| Unfortunately, the professor who basically gave me credit to write the docs and mess with everything has left Duke for private research in New Jersey (he (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) It's a common problem! :) Well, it is like this: right now I have some time, and wouldn't mind to use it for taking care of the docs. But I don't have time to write or edit myself a lot - this is why it would be a good solution to just let (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Hi I am a Software Engineer with some spare time to contribute. My specialty is Real-Time Embbeded Operating Systems and drivers. Mostly in the Telecommunications World, about 6 years. About 4 years in imige processing. I would be willing to offer (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) Like I said, I have time to edit- if people can contribute, I'll put it together. I just don't have time to play with legOS. (...) I too would like to try out SourceForge. The once catch is that we can't host everything- I believe the windows (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Hi again! Well, after a whole day of thinking :) I realize it's not really easy to coordinate the effort of several paople, and I certainly have more respect for those who run successful such projects. In our case, the point would be to allow many (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Luis, I noticed the HTML files for the current HowTo are generated with SGMLtools. Do you have any sources in SGML, or were those created from LaTex? Some SGML or XML format would be cool, for it can easily be exported to HTML, PDF, PS or others... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) There are certainly apps available like that in php, which I am much more comfortable with, and feel is (basically) much more secure. I'll look into them and report back. -Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) (URL) (...) Like I said, I don't mind editing- I find that reasonably simple and not very time consuming. It's the rest of it that is more time-consuming. In the meantime, as a stop-gap, I can probably set up a php based annotation system (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)