 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2438
Re: The PRGM key - THANKS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:08:14 GMT

I tried doing "dll -pX prog.lx" instead of "dll prog.lx -pX" and it works!

Fine to hear you are up and running.

It would be good if Joe Wooley's alteration to program.c could be included
in the next version of legOS because it does the trick with the "keeping
alive" and "error deleting program" business.

No, I don't think so. In fact, using dll with the right parameters does the
trick. Sorting out what you have written, I think you downloaded all your
programs to slot 0, your old program was deleted and overwritten with the
new one.
Never count on readmes or such a thing. ;) Try dll -h to get help from dll
itself. It will tell you the right sequence of parameters. Using dll with the
-v option gives you a verbose debug output, very handy if you get stuck.

As mentioned, I run legOS with a patch to be able to use the remote control.
With this patch, not ony 2 but 3 tasks run at highest priority without any
problem. My observation is that the battery of the tower has a great influence
for the transfer. Light conditions are critical too. And it seems that you have
an old cygwin version. You might get better results with a new version. But I
can't tell much of cygwin beeing a Linux user.

Mike