 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2432
Re: The PRGM key
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:44:37 GMT

I just tried this and it has no effect. By the way, I'm using Cygwin B20
under Windows 98 with a com port IR thing, and LegOS 0.2.5. The same thing
happened using WinLegOS and 0.2.3.
Pressing the PRGM key has no effect in any situation - I assume it doesn't
select different programs if there are no programs in the slots to select?

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Joseph Woolley writes:
I had similar problems when using legOS with CONF_TM defined in
boot/config.h   What I found was that the lnp handler was not getting enough
processing time and was missing some data at times.

Try the following fix and let me know if it helps.  If so, it will likely be
in the next release.

In kernel/program.c, look for the following two lines (search for execi)

execi(&packet_consumer,0,0,PRIO_HIGHEST,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);
execi(&key_handler,0,0,PRIO_HIGHEST,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);

Change the first one to:

execi(&packet_consumer,0,0,  (PRIO_HIGHEST+1)  ,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);

Then look for:

     case KEY_ONOFF:
       killall(PRIO_HIGHEST);

Change the second line to:

       killall(  PRIO_HIGHEST+1  );

Then make, (reload the kernel with firmdl3) and test 8-)

NOTE: This is just a hack to fix the problem temporarily.  A more complete
solution will be implemented in a future release (0.2.6 maybe?)

Joe Woolley