 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2434
Re: The PRGM key
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 07:34:05 GMT

Sorry, no. That's the one difference; it no longer says error deleting
program and I don't get any errors when downloading to the RCX.

I always use firmdl3 -s because using just firmdl3 on its own never works
for me.

I still have the problem that every time I download a program with any "-p0"
or "-p1" etc after it, it always deletes the program in slot 0 first and
then stores the program there instead of in the allocated slot from the
"-pX" suffix.
I can tell this because at the start of a large program download, the 0 in
the display turns to a "-" first, and then the 0 reappears once the program
has finished downloading. Does anyone else have this problem?

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Joseph Woolley writes:
After making the change, do you still get "Error deleting program"? or other
errors while downloading the program?

Your assumption is correct, it will only switch to a program slot if there
is a valid program there.

I had problems sending programs using dll and using firmdl3 for a short
period...  I don't know why.  However, using firmdl3 -s (for slow) once
fixed it.  I think it was a port issue on the PC side.  It has worked fine
since.

Joe