 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2430
2429  |  2431
Subject:
The PRGM key
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 09:14:17 GMT

I quote from the original readme:
"Type "dll demo/helloworld.lx". If all is well, it should be automatically
relocated and  transmitted to program slot 0. Press the RUN key to run. The
program stops automatically.
Type "dll demo/rover.c -p1" to transmit the other demo to program slot 1.
Use the PRGM key to select the desired program. "

I'm doing this but once I've downloaded the several programs to the RCX
(adding on the appropriate -p0, -p1 etc suffixes), pressing the PRGM button
does nothing! Surely the "0" on the right hand side of the display
should change to a 1,2 or 3 etc!?! It stays as "0". Please help.

Could it be something to do with the fact that half the time it says
"sending keepalive..." 5 times followed by "error deleting program" Also
sometimes it says nothing in Cygwin and the program appears correctly,
albeit only as p0 with the previous program non existent.
And, sometimes it results in a "-" appearing in the right hand side of the
display with no programs in the RCX.

Thanks,
Ralph Clark

P.S.
----
How about having a compiler error if too many characters are attempted to be
output to the screen at once (>5 characters)?
e.g.  cputs("123456");