 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2433
Re: The PRGM key
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:52:28 GMT

After making the change, do you still get "Error deleting program"? or other
errors while downloading the program?

Your assumption is correct, it will only switch to a program slot if there
is a valid program there.

I had problems sending programs using dll and using firmdl3 for a short
period...  I don't know why.  However, using firmdl3 -s (for slow) once
fixed it.  I think it was a port issue on the PC side.  It has worked fine
since.

Joe

"Ralph Clark" <clarkrjk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I just tried this and it has no effect. By the way, I'm using Cygwin B20
under Windows 98 with a com port IR thing, and LegOS 0.2.5. The same thing
happened using WinLegOS and 0.2.3.
Pressing the PRGM key has no effect in any situation - I assume it doesn't
select different programs if there are no programs in the slots to select?

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Joseph Woolley writes:
I had similar problems when using legOS with CONF_TM defined in
boot/config.h   What I found was that the lnp handler was not getting • enough
processing time and was missing some data at times.

Try the following fix and let me know if it helps.  If so, it will likely • be
in the next release.

In kernel/program.c, look for the following two lines (search for execi)

execi(&packet_consumer,0,0,PRIO_HIGHEST,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);
execi(&key_handler,0,0,PRIO_HIGHEST,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);

Change the first one to:

execi(&packet_consumer,0,0,  (PRIO_HIGHEST+1)  ,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);

Then look for:

     case KEY_ONOFF:
       killall(PRIO_HIGHEST);

Change the second line to:

       killall(  PRIO_HIGHEST+1  );

Then make, (reload the kernel with firmdl3) and test 8-)

NOTE: This is just a hack to fix the problem temporarily.  A more • complete
solution will be implemented in a future release (0.2.6 maybe?)

Joe Woolley