 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2431
Re: The PRGM key
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:23:28 GMT

I had similar problems when using legOS with CONF_TM defined in
boot/config.h   What I found was that the lnp handler was not getting enough
processing time and was missing some data at times.

Try the following fix and let me know if it helps.  If so, it will likely be
in the next release.

In kernel/program.c, look for the following two lines (search for execi)

  execi(&packet_consumer,0,0,PRIO_HIGHEST,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);
  execi(&key_handler,0,0,PRIO_HIGHEST,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);

Change the first one to:

  execi(&packet_consumer,0,0,  (PRIO_HIGHEST+1)  ,DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);

Then look for:

      case KEY_ONOFF:
        killall(PRIO_HIGHEST);

Change the second line to:

        killall(  PRIO_HIGHEST+1  );

Then make, (reload the kernel with firmdl3) and test 8-)

NOTE: This is just a hack to fix the problem temporarily.  A more complete
solution will be implemented in a future release (0.2.6 maybe?)

Joe Woolley

"Ralph Clark" <clarkrjk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
<snip>
I'm doing this but once I've downloaded the several programs to the RCX
(adding on the appropriate -p0, -p1 etc suffixes), pressing the PRGM • button
does nothing! Surely the "0" on the right hand side of the display
should change to a 1,2 or 3 etc!?! It stays as "0". Please help.

Could it be something to do with the fact that half the time it says
"sending keepalive..." 5 times followed by "error deleting program" Also
sometimes it says nothing in Cygwin and the program appears correctly,
albeit only as p0 with the previous program non existent.
And, sometimes it results in a "-" appearing in the right hand side of the
display with no programs in the RCX.

Thanks,
Ralph Clark

P.S.
----
How about having a compiler error if too many characters are attempted to • be
output to the screen at once (>5 characters)?
e.g.  cputs("123456");