 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1567
Re: Cygnus Installation troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 21:47:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Thomas Zapf-Schramm writes:

for i in util lib boot demo ; do make -C $i || exit -1 ; done
c:/djgpp/tmp/dj100000: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
No command name seen.
make.exe: *** [all] Error -1

I've been working with another person who is experiencing the exact same error.
I've made a slight modification to my instructions, but I have not received
verification that he has the environment working.  Take another look at
http://www.jps.net/rossw/legos

What means "if necessary" in

You can ignore this.  You should not need to make any changes to
makefile.common.

And how should it be modified?

If your cross compiler tools were named differently than h8300-hms-gcc.exe, for
example, you would need to account that the difference.  For example, I've
seen tools with the of h8300-hitachi-gcc.exe, so the variable would be changed
to "h8300-hitachi-".  If you downloaded the tools from my website you won't
need to make any changes.

Several important points that were not clear in my original document.

1. Use an editor that preserves UNIX style line endings (I use UltraEdit).
2. When unpacking files, you MUST preserve the directory structure.  Check the
option "Use Folder Names" in WinZip.
3. The DJGPP directory must come before the DOS/Windows directories in your
PATH environment variable.

I am happy to provide whatever assistance I can.  My personal email address is
rossz2 AT home DOT com (email address buggered to confuse spam harvesters).