 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1574
Re: Cygnus Installation troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:40:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Thomas Zapf-Schramm writes:
Then I transfered the whole installation (not the zip and tar files) to my
notebook. I set the same environment variables on this machine. Then I tried
and it worked perfectly.

The desktop machine runs the original version of Win98, the notebook
Windows98 SE. On the desktop-machine there were older installations of the
cygnus tools that have left traces in the registry. The notebook has seen no
cygwin before.

I don't see how registry traces could affect a DOS program.  Did you remove all
the environment variables used by cygnus?  I have a faint memory of one used by
MAKE that instucts whether MAKE is in DOS or UNIX mode, though I don't remember
what the switch is.

If you can isolate and fix the problem, please let me know so I can add a note
to my instructions.  This is especially important since it is not uncommon to
switch to the DJGPP environment after trying the CYGNUS tools.

Rossz

rossw AT jps DOT net