 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1564
Re: Cygnus Installation troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 18:35:52 GMT

Because I couldn't get the Cygnus solution get to work on Win98 I tried
Rossz Vàmos-Wentworth DJGPP solution. Unfortunately this doesn't work too.

I followed the steps described on Rossz site.

When I tried the first "make" I got the following error listing:

for i in util lib boot demo ; do make -C $i || exit -1 ; done
c:/djgpp/tmp/dj100000: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
No command name seen.
make.exe: *** [all] Error -1

I think all may environment variables are set correctly and everything seems
to be in the right place.

What means "if necessary" in

| Find the TOOLPREFIX line and modify it if necessary:
|
| TOOLPREFIX = h8300-hms-

And how should it be modified?

TZS

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Thomas Zapf-Schramm writes:
Did anybody find the cause and a solution to the problems Christopher
Arquiza had in July? I have the same problem now.

Thomas

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Christopher Arquiza writes:
Hi All,

I downloaded the Cygnus installation for windows yesterday (previously I only
used it to make dll.exe, and relied on djgpp for the .lx and .srec), and the
demo directory doesn't seem to make properly.
I get these messages:

BASH.EXE-2.02$ make
[snipped]
h8300-hms-ld -T ../boot/legOS.lds -relax -L/legOS/lib helloworld.o  -lc -
lmint -
lfloat -lc++ -o helloworld.ds1 -Ttext 0xb000
h8300-hms-ld: address 0xb03e of helloworld.ds1 section .text is not within
region ram
h8300-hms-ld: address 0xb03e of helloworld.ds1 section .tors is not within
region ram
[snipped]
.
.
.

helloworld.o(.text+0xc):helloworld.c: undefined reference to `_sleep'
helloworld.o(.text+0x14):helloworld.c: undefined reference to `_cputs'
helloworld.o(.text+0x1c):helloworld.c: undefined reference to `_sleep'
.
.
.

Anyone have ideas how i could fix this?