 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1572
Re: Cygnus Installation troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:36:38 GMT

I tried your new procedure and got the same result as before.

Then I transfered the whole installation (not the zip and tar files) to my
notebook. I set the same environment variables on this machine. Then I tried
and it worked perfectly.

Inspecting the environment in a dos-window and in bash I could find no
difference between the two machines.

The desktop machine runs the original version of Win98, the notebook
Windows98 SE. On the desktop-machine there were older installations of the
cygnus tools that have left traces in the registry. The notebook has seen no
cygwin before.

TZS

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rossz Vámos-Wentworth writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Thomas Zapf-Schramm writes:

for i in util lib boot demo ; do make -C $i || exit -1 ; done
c:/djgpp/tmp/dj100000: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
No command name seen.
make.exe: *** [all] Error -1

I've been working with another person who is experiencing the exact same error.
I've made a slight modification to my instructions, but I have not received
verification that he has the environment working.  Take another look at
http://www.jps.net/rossw/legos