 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1566
1565  |  1567
Subject:
Firmdl3 updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:58:43 GMT

Following a discussion on lugnet.robotics on firmware versions and firmware
checksumming, I realized firmdl3 was broken for the latest firmware files
(firm0325.lgo and firm0328.lgo).  The problem was these files were too big.
I have modified firmdl3 to fix these problems.

This message is to tell whoever maintains LegOS (which contains a copy of
firmdl3, last I checked) that firmdl3 has been updated.

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/tools.html#Firmdl

This only matters when downloading firmware files to the RCX.  For example,
if LegOS is now set up so only the kernel is loaded as firmware, that
kernel is less than 19K, and everything else is loaded as a
dynamically-linked program after the fact, then this update doesn't affect
anything.  If user programs can be statically linked with the kernel and
those can exceed 19K, this does matter.

If somebody grabs this, get the .tar.gz version.

-Kekoa