 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1568
1567  |  1569
Subject:
Floating-point bug fix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 00:09:07 GMT

This morning, Kieran Elby sent me a report of a "0 - x" bug with
subtraction in the floating point routines, which I fixed.  In the process
I reread the IEEE specs and decided I could do something simpler for both
subtraction and negation.  The result is that after these changes, the
compiled size of the library shrunk from 1142 bytes to 1124 bytes.

If you want to use the new floating point routines, they are a part of the
latest version of Librcx, which you can get at:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/librcx.tar.gz

If you replace everything in LegOS's float directory with the contents of
Librcx's float directory, with the exception of the Makefile, you should be
good to go.

Probably whoever is charge should modify the CVS repository.

-Kekoa