 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *949 (-20)
  Running IR in the background

Hi all Is there any way to switch the IR LED on and leave it on. (as a kind of a headlight for the light sensor.) Alternatively, what is the easiest way to just send a comtinuous string of 0's so it's on at least a lot of the time, without taking (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Killing lnpd?

(...) Thanks that works. lnpd can be found at: (URL) Lego (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Locks when downloading

When I download any .LX file my RCX locks up with the left motor (output A) running and requires that I pull the batteries to recover. I'm not sure what is causing this, though the obvious reason is the use of the new tools I recently built (DJGPP (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Killing lnpd?

(...) Did you try 'kill -9 <pid>'? - This should definitely kill it. Btw, where can the source to lnpd be found? Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Killing lnpd?

Hi We are a group of students from Denmark, working on a project with Mindstorms. We have a problem with lnpd. We can't kill the deamon. We have tried killall lnpd kill <pid> and CTRL-c when running in debug and log to screen mode, nothing works. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP Tutorial

Anybody got an LNP Tutorial/sample code available for review? I could really use one. Thanks (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: loader.c

Jerry Vochteloo schrieb: (...) I usually download a bunch of demo programs at once, and automatic program execution gets a little in the way in that scenario. Making it an option is a nice idea, why don't you send in the patches (cvs diff -u, in (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: task managment

Thanks Eddie, What kind of limit is there for active tasks? Is there a responsitory somewhere for sample programs/projects people have written? Thanks (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: task managment

(...) Here is some sample code using three tasks for: 1. Motor control 2. Sound control 3. Shaking the head This runs on the Inventorbot of the Invention System. Each task is independantly watching a sensor to control it's actions. Hope this helps, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  task managment

Would someone be so kind to show me through some code snippets how to create multiple tasks using legOS? I haven't been able to gleen this info from the code although its probably there... thanks tom (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  loader.c

Is there a reason why the CMDrun stuff has been ifdef'ed out in loader.c. I think this in one of the cooler options. I have hacked loader.c so that you can send the CMDrun command to the RCX using a -e flag. You can also send just a dll -e -p3 (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS Will be in MicroMouse Compition !

Hello, I am a third year Electrical Engineering student and am currently in the process of building a robot (along with others from my class) building a rcx-based robot for the Division I MicroMouse competition. While researching the rcx I happened (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Line endings in SourceForge

(...) The docs I've read say that line endings are handled by CVS. The central repository is always Unix style, the local one is handled as local system need (unix with LF, DOS/Windows with RC/LF). Bye, Paolo. --- famous programmer quotation: "but I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Another possible makefile change

(...) Here is Makefile.common I've prepared for for utils: --- cut # Makefile.common # # 12.03.2000 - Paolo Masetti # # - Conditional make variable definitions based on $OSTYPE # # # DJGPP does not define OSTYPE # ifndef OSTYPE OSTYPE=$(shell uname) (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Question

(...) The lcd_refresh() copies all data into the LCD controller chip, so the data is definitely there. But this data takes some time to be displayed on the actual LCD: The controller needs to drive the lines to the LCD, and the LCD itself has some (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Question

I've been playing around with a crashy program as of late, and I was curious. If I have a series of cputs(), each of which is immediately followed by an lcd_refresh(), is it possible that the program crashes after a pair of those, yet the string in (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Another possible makefile change

$OS in DJGPP running on a Windows 95 system returns nothing. :( Paolo Masetti <paolom@pragmanet.it> wrote in message news:Fr97MG.2CE@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Windows 2000

Paolo Masetti <paolom@pragmanet.it> wrote in message news:Fr97ML.2FJ@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, don't spend hours on it completely ignoring your wife. It's not health. :) The primary problem I ran up against was when it built the libraries. It would (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: CVS and SourceForge

That's why I told you to recheck whether or not you were using the pserver. Oh well- back to the beach for me... -Luis(enjoying spring break in Miami) (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Windows 2000

(...) 2000 (...) permits. I can't figure why you are spending your effort with DJGPP... Why do not concentrate on mingw? I think it can be the right choice both for Win9x than for NT/2000... It seems a little harder to port compared to cygnwin, but (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact