 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 935
Re: Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:26:49 GMT

I've been playing around with a crashy program as of late, and I was
curious. If I have a series of cputs(), each of which is immediately
followed by an lcd_refresh(), is it possible that the program crashes
after a pair of those, yet the string in cputs() never gets displayed? For
example:

cputs("test"); <-- will this always get displayed?
lcd_refresh();
Crash();

The lcd_refresh() copies all data into the LCD controller chip, so the data
is definitely there. But this data takes some time to be displayed on the
actual LCD: The controller needs to drive the lines to the LCD, and the
LCD itself has some latency to show the data. If the program crashes
during this time, you will not see the output.

Eddie C. Dost
ecd@skynet.be