 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 930
Re: Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 10:49:52 GMT

I did some testing today of the new cross-compiler tools I have built on a
Windows 2000 system.  The bad news is things did not go very well.  MAKE
would simply stop in the middle without completing the build process.  A
little newsgroup research (comp.os.msdos.djgpp) revealed there is a bug in
the DOS box when one program executes another.  Until the DJGPP community
discovers a workaround, do not attempt to use these tools on a Windows • 2000
system.  The other choices are Cigwin and Mingw.  The later I do not have
much information about, but plan on doing a little research as time
permits.

I can't figure why you are spending your effort with DJGPP... Why do not
concentrate on mingw? I think it can be the right choice both for Win9x than
for NT/2000... It seems a little harder to port compared to cygnwin, but if
you have done the port with DJGPP (that I assume is even more distant form
*nix shells) it should be a piece of cake... :-)

Actually I was trying to compile tha cross compiler for RCX processor with
mingw, but I've read that you did it with DJGPP... :-) Some hints?

We can join efforts if we converge on miggw... :-)

How about it?

Bye,
     Paolo.

---
ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!! ... Tension breaker, had to be done.