 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 932
Re: Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:54:45 GMT

Paolo Masetti <paolom@pragmanet.it> wrote in message
news:Fr97ML.2FJ@lugnet.com...
Actually I was trying to compile tha cross compiler for RCX processor with
mingw, but I've read that you did it with DJGPP... :-) Some hints?

Yes, don't spend hours on it completely ignoring your wife.  It's not
health.  :)

The primary problem I ran up against was when it built the libraries.  It
would always fail.  Since the libraries are not needed for the RCX, I had to
do some of the steps manually.  Also, the "ln" program does not work on a
DOS/DJGPP system.  I replaced "ln" and "ln -s" with "cp".  The configure
program was supposed to figure this out on its own, but there is a bug in
the binutil configure so it didn't automatically switch to "cp".

Another problem was with the main makefile when using the -install switch.
It would halt with an error even when the '-k switch was used.  I needed to
go into each subdirectory and run 'make -install' to get each tool
installed.  I think I've figured out the fix for this.  The environment
variable "SHELL=d:/djgpp/bin/sh.exe" must be set.  I haven't tested this
yet, but I plan to do so today or tomorrow.

Here are the switches I used to build the DJGPP tools.  You can use the same
switches for both the binutils and the compilers.  This is entered as a
single line:

sh
configure --prefix=/djgpp/cross --program-prefix=h8300-hms- --exec-prefix=h8
300-hms
--host=i386-pc-msdosdjgpp --target=h8300-hms --enable-languages=c,c++

You will, of course, need to change the --host switch to the correct one for
a Mingw host.

We can join efforts if we converge on miggw... :-)

I discovered the Mingw stuff after I had spent nearly two months getting the
DJGPP stuff to build.  Being the stubborn bastard that I am, I can't bring
myself to abandon all the work I have already done.  What should I download
and where do I find it?  I'll take a look at the package and see what it
entails to do a port.

ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!! ... Tension breaker, had to be done.

This, I understand.  :)

Rossz