 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 938
937  |  939
Subject:
LegOS Will be in MicroMouse Compition !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 00:59:27 GMT

        Hello, I am a third year Electrical Engineering student and am
currently in the process of building a robot (along with others from my
class) building a rcx-based robot for the Division I MicroMouse competition.
While researching the rcx I happened to stumble across the legOS page and
decided it would be a must-have in order make a competitive robot. I thought
that everyone would be interested to know that legOS0.2.3 will going into
this contest. No "lego-bot" has ever reached the center of the maze (to my
knowledge) however, no "lego-bot" has ever used this vastly superior OS (to
my knowledge). Because I know a lot of  the original developers post on this
newsgroup often, I would like to thank Markus Noga for starting legOS and
Rossz Vamos-Wentworth  for making WinlegOS which is what I am currently
using to implement legOS on our brick. I do have a request, if anyone has
any new documentation on the 0.2.3 version of legOS be it complete or not
(especially on preemptive multitasking, and sensors) it would be very
thankful. I have downloaded all of the old documention, but from going
through the .h files it seems a lot has changed. Thank for your help and I
hope to make you OS look good.