 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *389 (-20)
  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) The URL is: (URL) in the nick of time? The original firmdl.c was dated 10/3/98. It is currently 10/3/99 (PDT at least). This was not planned! Like firmdl.c, firmdl3.c is a single file joined from smaller ones for simplicity. I will link a .tgz (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: couldn't keep myself from it ;-)

(...) Whoa. Not so fast. My firmdl3 does the job in 44 seconds, not 53 seconds, so I think firmdl4 is a step backwards. :) Just hold on a bit while I finish packing it up. It is almost done, I promise. The new version (firmdl3) will be MPL. If you (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  couldn't keep myself from it ;-)

Hi Kekoa, I herewith jettison fastdl. - added code to remove parity and disable complements to your stub - split up firmdl2 into nice little modules - figured out how to deal with complement-disabled packets - optimized delays, fixed numerous little (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) Oops, I meant complements, not checksums, throughout the above paragraph. After reviewing my notes, it seems that the ROM properly obeys the complement flag when receiving but not when sending. When the ROM is sending a "long" message, it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: fast firmware downloader

(...) This is what I like so much about the "Extreme Team"...usually more than one way to skin a cat. I must have missed those posts, Kekoa. I try to use as much as possible of the ROM code in the brick too. The next step for pbFORTH is to link (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) Just for the record, I implemented a dual-speed downloader a few months ago and mailed John Tamplin with information about it with regards to the JVM port that seems to have died. I used a different strategy to hack the dual speed downloads. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  egcs-1.1.1 patch, legOS projects structure

Hi, this night is proving productive. I went ahead and tweaked egcs to produce RCX-specific interrupt handler prologues and epilogues. Apply this patch against egcs-1.1.1/gcc/confi...0/h8300.c, and you will be able to create interrupt handlers the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: fast firmware downloader - and compilers

(...) Not at all ;-) fast.srec works like this: - load new image, storing it immediately behind fast.srec - fix stack pointer, you'll start new firmware anyways - relocate a small routine immediately below SP - call that routine - relocate the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: fast firmware downloader - and compilers

I'll have to try fastdl at some point. My pbFORTH image is assembled to live at 0x8000 and be loaded just like "real" firmware. If I use fastdl, how do I have to change my firmware assembly output to accomodate it? On the subject of configurable (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) Erm, hrm, well... the reason I didn't ship it yet is that it won't compile with any released version of legOS. In order to gain full configurability, I had to set up a seperate directory structure, with its own include tree and stripped down (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

Looks real nice on the PC side, Markus, but- where is the source for fast.srec? Was that a deliberate omission? Or just a mistake? I'd really like to look at what is in there, especially considering the small size of the .srec. Let us know... -Luis (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  fast firmware downloader

Hi, I'm currently implementing LNP. As a first demo application, I just finished a quad-speed firmware downloader. If you're using replacement firmware, maybe this will be of use to you. (URL) you at MindFest, Markus. (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX 'brick connectors' and how-they-work??

On the subject of making connector blocks, I have been very successful with taking the conductor strips you get as a S@H service pack, hacking two squares out, slotting one edge of each of the 2x2s, soldering wires to that side, slotting the inside (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX 'brick connectors' and how-they-work??

Thanks, Jonathan && Others... I'll look at the patent. With all the 'clones' out there, is it likely that Lego would complain if someone made compatible-but-not- identical connectors?? How do they handle the Clone Market?? Couple of questions, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Solved?? rotation sensor problem.

I tried solutions posted on this newsgroup to fix the rotation sensor problem.But It didn't work stable enough. I tracked the sensor input and realized the sensor sometimes picked up transient signal between two states. To solve this problem, I (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Handy Board software

take a look at Ray's Robotic Computer. i have a url somewhere. This dude makes a 68HC11 mini board in modules from his basement. Completely assembled and tested versions too. I found him through altavista a couple of times +breiler (...) (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  HOWTO- temporary URL

Hey! I finally have the HOWTO back up at a temporary URL- (URL) old URL may be back up as soon as this evening or afternoon, but in the meantime, please point your browsers here. Thanks for putting up with me- Luis P.S. I hope to make several (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to unzip (or bunzip2) legOS-990330.tar.bz2

I didn't even try, since the other things on the site didn't work. I got it from the site of Luis's howto.I wonder if the site will ever be fixed Frederick N. Brier wrote in message <37C3B4DC.B27D3028@m...ck.com>... (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  new release???

Hi, I've been wondering why there hasn't been put out a newer release than 990330, especially since the rotation sensors doesn't work in it. But the error was identified way back in April by Mario Ferrari ((URL) STATE_0_VALUE (ds_unscale(1023U)) ... (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  HOWTO news :(

I just got back from vacation 2-3 hrs ago, and have just found out that the school cleared our one-year name leases while I was gone. As a result, the HOWTO at arthurdent.dorm.duke.edu has been unavailable for several days (not quite sure how long (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact