 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 387
386  |  388
Subject:
couldn't keep myself from it ;-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 02:40:00 GMT

Hi Kekoa,

I herewith jettison fastdl.

- added code to remove parity and disable complements to your stub
- split up firmdl2 into nice little modules
- figured out how to deal with complement-disabled packets
- optimized delays, fixed numerous little quirks
- added built-in support to download the stub
- observed no download problems whatsoever
- watched "The Big Blue - Director's Cut" at the movies

-> firmdl4 is ready to become the standard.

I doubt we can do much better, the stub is still only 88 bytes.
Including the time to load the stub, firm0309.lgo is transferred in less
than 53 seconds. Due to the larger constant, even smaller firmware
images should download with quad speed now.

Please have a look at everything. (people on the mailing list: insert
missing archive here ;-) You'll notice the conspicuous absence of
license information. As you technically never released firmdl under MPL,
I didn't quite know what to write in all those module headers.

Good night,

Markus

--
"Sentir est le rival de Comprendre, comme Agir est l'antagonisme de
Penser."

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
     name="firmdl4.tgz"