 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 388
Re: couldn't keep myself from it ;-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 03:48:50 GMT

Markus L. Noga <markus@noga.de> wrote:
Hi Kekoa,

I herewith jettison fastdl.

-> firmdl4 is ready to become the standard.

Whoa.  Not so fast.  My firmdl3 does the job in 44 seconds, not 53 seconds,
so I think firmdl4 is a step backwards.  :)  Just hold on a bit while I
finish packing it up.  It is almost done, I promise.

The new version (firmdl3) will be MPL.  If you want to hack that, clean it
up, etc., be my guest.

-Kekoa

P.S. The 2 of firmdl2 was never for 2x.  It was just to disambiguate that
version from the first firmdl.  The 3 of firmdl3 has the same purpose.

P.P.S. Without looking at your source, I know why your version is taking 9
more seconds than mine....