 Robotics / 6859
Re: RCX 'brick connectors' and how-they-work??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:54:25 GMT

On the subject of making connector blocks, I have been very successful with
taking the conductor strips you get as a S@H service pack, hacking two squares
out, slotting one edge of each of the 2x2s, soldering wires to that side,
slotting the inside of the upper square and glueing them together with
Shoe-Goo, found at hobby stores.  Works great and two of the squares made with
the conductor strips is the same height as a "normal" brick connector.

In lugnet.robotics, Terry King writes:

Any suggestions known about good 'brick-compatible' adhesives?
SuperGlue??  I am NOT getting good adhesion of the foil,
although it has been OK for a few on-off cycles so far. At
least I now have BlinkenLites, which I consider essential...
[snip]

  Shoe-Goo.  A light coating will create a VERY strong adhesion that can be
separated, if you are patient and have a good grip, later on.  This glue never
completely dries, or at least hasn't in several months, so it is resilient too
and won't crack off.  You can find it in hobby shops that carry quality RC cars
and boats.

have fun,
DLC