 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3393 (-10)
  BrickOS installation with WinME and Cygnus problems

Hello, I have spent several hours trying to install BrickOS on my Windows ME system. I am a novice with C/Cygwin/linux, so have been diligently searching the Lugnet posts for clues. That has gotten me a little farther each day, but now I am _really_ (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with BrickOS installation

(...) I would recommend using the pre-built Hitachi tools which are still available from my BricxCC website. (URL) simpler than trying to download all the right versions of the GCC source code. John Hansen (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with BrickOS installation

Hi, I'm following these directions explicitly: (URL) installed just fine. When I run buildgcc.sh it dies trying to assemble libgcc1.S. The comments at the top of the file cause syntax errors. The comments are dilineated with ";;". How can the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LEGO remote controller problem

(...) Then this is the first time ;) It was indeed the compiler. Using those versions you named in your message, my compiled brickOS.srec file works as well. The lr_startup and lr_shutdown calls don't make any difference, whether they are in or out. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LEGO remote controller problem

(...) Great. (...) I use h8300-hms-gcc-3.1-1.i386.rpm h8300-hms-binutils-2...1.i386.rpm but I never heard from anyone that some gcc version produces a bad brickOS system. Strange, indeed. Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LEGO remote controller problem

Hi Michael, Thank you for sending me your brickOS.srec and .lds files. When I use these ones, the remote control works just fine, with or without the lr_startup and lr_shutdown calls, and with or without a running program. (...) Yes, exactly. I have (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

"Michael Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de> wrote in message news:HIqqFv.1Iwz@lugnet.com... (...) starting (...) I think the call to lr_shutdown() in Christian's program clobbered things such that the remote may no longer be useable unless the power (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LEGO remote controller problem

(...) Strange. To get it clear: If you download a fresh made brickOS.srec, you can't use the remote control to start a motor or start a program and if you press the beep-key, the rcx does not beep?? Does your remote work with the original Lego (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Try removing the calls to lr_startup() & lr_shutdown(). I think these already get called outside of your program. (Sorry, don't have time to test right now). Mark "Christian Hornung" <c-hornung@gmx.de> wrote in message news:HIq2o2.Ht4@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LEGO remote controller problem

(...) No, it doesn't. The IR indicator flickers, but running motors or starting the program doesn't work. In fact, I didn't know that there is a "default handler" until reading your message. Might the problem be caused by wrong versions of gcc or (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact