 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3388
Re: LEGO remote controller problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:36:23 GMT

Hi Michael,
Thank you for sending me your brickOS.srec and .lds files.
When I use these ones, the remote control works just fine, with or without
the lr_startup and lr_shutdown calls, and with or without a running program.

To get it clear: If you download a fresh made brickOS.srec, you
can't use the remote control to start a motor or start a program and if
you press the beep-key, the rcx does not beep??

Yes, exactly. I have already re-downloaded brickos-0.2.6.10.tar.gz (from
brickos.sourceforge.net -> releases) and unpacked, compiled and downloaded
it, but the only reaction
I get is the flickering IR arrow.

Does your remote work with the original Lego firmware?
Yes, it does, no problems here.

This leads me to the conclusion that my compiler somehow produces corrupt
brickOS.srec files.
Michael, could you please tell me which version of gcc and binutils you are
using? I would then install the same ones at my side and try if they produce
better results.

Regards,
Christian