 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3382
Re: LEGO remote controller problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:43:11 GMT

Hi Michael,
Thank you very much for your answer.
Well, there isn't really much source, here we go:

#include <conio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <remote.h>
#include <dsensor.h>

int my_lr_handler(unsigned int etype, unsigned int key) {
cputw(key);
return 1;
}

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
lr_startup();
lr_set_handler(my_lr_handler);
ds_active(&SENSOR_1);

while (!shutdown_requested()) {
    lcd_digit(LIGHT_1 / 10);
    msleep(200);
}

lr_shutdown();
ds_passive(&SENSOR_1);
return 0;
}

The main program just displays the reading of a light sensor on the right
digit, while the remote handler should display any received key value.
However, when I run this program and press some buttons on the RC, only the
IR indicator flickers.

As the remote control is working for you, I guess I am probably missing
something simple here.
Could you please point me to the right direction?

Regards,
Christian

Hi Christian,

I have problems getting the LEGO IR remote controller to work (using • brickOS
0.2.6.10). I wrote a small test program [...]

No program, no help. If you send me the sources, I will take a look and
try to figure out the problem. In fact, I use the remote control without
a problem.

Regards,

Michael