 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3019 (-20)
  Re: Installation Help!

(...) Hi Max, I got: $ gcc -v BASH: gcc: command not found but the command I am running to get all this output is the buildgcc.sh command to build gcc. Andy (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

(...) Saw this problem before. You might check older mails in this newsgroup discussing that. Running brickOS under Linux I don't know much about the cygwin problems. But your makefile assumes that the c compiler can be run with the command "cc" (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

John, What version of legOS are you using? Looking at the code below it seems to indicate that you are using legOS ver 0.2.6 (unless in the newer versions of brickOS we forgot to change a directory name). I am also going to gues that you are using (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

I have previously reported problems in installing cygwin and legos, and have tried again to get this up and running. I believe that cygwin is not properly installed and have included information here on all modules included and error messages when I (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Threading Model in legOS 0.2.5

(...) One can view an English translation using Babel here, (URL) goto (URL) and enter the url (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New Threading Model in legOS 0.2.5

Hi In our diploma work we implemented a completely new threading model. We implemented a subset of the pthreads API as it is available in Linux. Now eventhandling has also been improved. One negative point: we did not yet adabt dynamic program (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) ... (...) I have built the h8300 cross compilers many times now. It was hard at first, but now I've nailed down the correct set of options, I have no problems. Here are the commands I use: First: export PATH=/h8x/bin:$PATH Binutils: (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) Are you *sure* you installed gcc ? Try 'gcc -v' from a Cygwin prompt, and post the output. Max. (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

Hello I am certainly not an expert, and have not yet been successful in installing BrickOS myself. But I have some experience in one of the messages that you are getting: (...) I believe that if you are using the instructions as listed at (URL) that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Installation Help!

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been posted a million times before. I tried using te search for some of the errors I am seeing but I couldn't find any matches. It is failing when I try to build the gcc compiler. I'm following the installation (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS and latest binutils

(...) The $-sign before symbol addresses was accidentaly removed when that bit of code was re-written to fix a different bug. It's now back. (...) Not really. I may have overstated that. Basically, it involves some moderately complex interactions (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS and latest binutils

(...) What's the change? Has the symbolsrec format reverted to the one used before? (...) Why a COFF guru? To understand the h8300-coff format? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Just curious. (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Motor LCD arrows bug

In BrickOS 0.2.6.08, there's a minor bug where the LCD arrows misbehave when the motor direction is set to brake. I believe the intention is to turn both direction arrows on when the output is in the brake state. However, what happens is that only (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS and latest binutils (1 issue now fixed in binutils CVS, and workaround patch to brickOS for the other)

The "invalid symbolsrec file" issue (error from makelx) issue is now fixed in binutils CVS, both on the trunk, and on the 2.13 branch - so the next release of binutils, be it 2.13.2 or 2.14 will have this fixed. The "ld segmentation fault" issue is (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lindows

(...) Yes, it should. It works on my system a debian testing. cheers, Pieter (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lindows

(...) More specifically, it's based on Debian/GNU Linux. Which in turn, means that the prepackaged brickOS for Debian works. You can download the four packages by chasing links found at: (URL) (Debian maintainer for brickOS) -- Stephen M. Moraco (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Lindows

since it is based on linux, BrickOS should work on it, right? Timothy (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

One thing I can tell you is that you need to add c:\cygwin\bin to your path (autoexec.bat) Also, when you try to download a program, instead of just using util/dll try ./util/dll I'm sure John will have other suggestions. You really need to get (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

Thanks for the help! Sorry, but I have been out of town for Turkey Day and haven't had a chance to give it a try. Now I'm back, and the hair (which I've pulled out trying to get this thing to work) is starting to grow back and I would really like to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin under Virtual PC on OS X

David Chen <nospam-dcchen@pacbe...et-nospam> wrote in message news:nospam-dcchen-F...net.com... (...) David, What steps or instructions are you following to build the cross compiler on OS X? And from what source are you getting the cross compiler (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact