 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2929 (-20)
  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) <snip> (...) Good work on this. Yes I believe we would like to add this support. We are crunched with trying to get what we want into this next release. We likely can add some of the Makefile mods in this release, maybe the Pascal Units as (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: versions of gcc/binutils/newlib

(...) GCC 2.95 versions and binutils 2.95 thru 2.10 appear to work. I believe readers, here, have also successfully used gcc 3.0 and 3.1 but not 3.2. The brickOS plan is to release brickOS-1.0.0 first. Then we will work on adapting the code to work (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  versions of gcc/binutils/newlib

Hallo, Which versions of gcc/binutils and newlib is brickos developed with? As I read in here and tested myself, it doesn't work with the most recent versions (gcc 3.2, binutils 2.13 and newlib 1.10). Do I need a newlib? The howto doesn't mention (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Pascal/OOP definitely adds a bit of overhead. It is possible that some of that overhead could be lessened by tweaking the Pascal headers. I'm going to fiddle a bit with a couple of different approaches to see what works best now that I have a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Great work John! Do you have any comparisons of executable sizes between C/C++ and Pascal/OOP? ROSCO (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

If anyone is at all interested, I have a completed porting the brickOS headers to a set of Pascal units. At present, I have successfully written Pascal versions of essentially all the C and C++ demo files - including TrailerBot. I've also written a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Hex->LNP ?

Hi, I'm trying to setup a serial connection from my PC to the RCX which is running LNP. But since I'm running Windows i'm not able to use the lnp-functions in my program, and I'm therefore trying to establish a connection from CSerial. So if anybody (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

This is our second publicly visible test release. We will announce when we think we are closing in on the actual release (We think this may happen, yet this December.) Details regarding how to provide feedback are at (URL) can download from (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

"Joseph Woolley" <jwoolley@spamblock....ht.rr.com> wrote in message news:H4HvF3.C03@lugnet.com... (...) Win2k. (...) Ah, so it's not just me. I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what I might be doing wrong. A few years ago I had (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

I don't think the problem is WinXP specific: I had the same issue on Win2k. I ended up using the prebuilt gcc/binutils from hitachi for that reason. However, the prebuilt set is quite a bit older. I hope this issue can be worked out so we can begin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

Hello, Are there any know problems getting the h8 cross compiler working under Windows XP? I'm using the latest cygwin environment, along with gcc3.2, newlib1.10, and have tried both the binutils source distributed with cygwin (2002070601?) and I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS issues

(...) The brickOS team thanks you for mentioning this. It is our goal to continue to simplify this experience. We always enjoy hearing that we are making progress. (...) We hear you and have addressed some of them... (...) This is intentional for (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal

(...) Personally, I think this is great. If a GUI can be developed for BrickOS, it will be a huge boost to BrickOS, because it should be MUCH easier for people to use it. Between this, the DJGPP compiler Ed's working on, and the whole new surge in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal

This is extremely preliminary, but I can't wait to share the news. I've managed to build a Hitachi H8 cross compiler for GNU Pascal (under cygwin on W2K) and have successfully downloaded and ran the following Pascal program on brickOS. program (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Update for DJGPP version

I have placed instructions for building the cross compiler for DJGPP on our website, (URL) They are (as of this posting) incomplete. Biunutils can be configured and built but gcc currently has a proplem in the build stage. It looks like a c++ error (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  differences between the legOS versions

Hi all, Can anyone tell me, where i can get informations about the differnces of the serveral legOS versions. I use currently legOS 0.2.3 Christian (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP

How's this? (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP

Can anyone help me find information about LNP? I want to know how to send/receive serial data. If you know where I can get more info, please tell me. I have a cool robot I want to make remote-controlable. Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Master thesis about legOS and DSM

hi all, just wanted you all to know that i have finished my master thesis where i incorporated an RCX with legOS 0.2.4 with a distributed shared memory system called PastSet. the thesis can be downloaded from (URL) the DSM part might not be relevant (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with SDL-Programming and legos

I have assume an existing SDL-System with an env.c-File. I tried to change this system to communicate between two RCX. Now my problem: In the case that i have one RCX who only send and one who receive, it works. But if i try the create a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact