 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2519 (-20)
  Re: Current Makefile logic fails for nonNT Windows OS

Taking a second look at this and noticing some past post about this issue with WinXP ((URL) a much cleaner code might look like the following # # WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values: # ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Current Makefile logic fails for nonNT Windows OS

I am compiling under windows 98 using cygwin version 1.3.10. In Makefile.common (/legOS-0.2.6,/legOS....2.6/util) the logic to determine whether the OS is a windows system fails due to the fact that uname returns CYGWIN_98-4.10. I submitted a bug (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Accurate msleep and timeslicing - was Re: sys_timer

"Michael Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de> wrote in message news:GvJ5vD.7MC@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) switch. (...) I made some modifications to the tm_sleep_wakeup that allows high priority tasks to wake up at exactly the time specified for msleep (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_timer

(...) Yes. (...) That is right. (...) It does, actually. The timer itself counts the millisec. But if you do a wait_event() call, your running program gives up its time slice, the OS waits for the event and then continues your task with the next (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  sys_timer

I recently adopted legOS as my development environment and I have to say I tremendously impressed. Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on it. It is really a first class, grade A product. Is sys_timer accurate to within 1 ms? unsigned long (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installing legOS 0.2.6?

(...) I noticed this the other day. The link to 0.2.6 is broken (as is one other link in the document). Please accept my apologies as I missed it during my testing. I'll fix the document source and post the new version to the web. Meanwhile please (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  installing legOS 0.2.6?

Hello! I have been following the instructions for installing legOS 0.2.6 according to: (URL) but failing to dowlnload the actual legOS file (legos-0.2.6.tar.gz .). Why is this so? (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Want to help? Use LNP or LEGO IR Remote Control?

(...) Pretty cool / innovative idea! I also like the codesize reduction this would be. I'm also looking at the post by Ted Hess. His blend of the two patch solutions seems intrigueing. I'll look at that solution too. Either way, the final form we (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lego IR Remote - What is max send rate?

Stephen - I've recently taken a couple of patch postings to legos.sourceforge.net by Ross Crawford and Zhengrong Zang and have come up with a hybrd solution (on 0.2.6) to implement the remote control. I am quite happy with the results. The original (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Want to help? Use LNP or LEGO IR Remote Control?

(...) Pressing a motor key continously gives a short run of the motor and then it stops. To let the motor run, one has to press the remote control motor key very fast. Why not run the motor with the appropriate key and if one wants to stop the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Want to help? Use LNP or LEGO IR Remote Control?

We are looking for help testing a very-early integration! We have added all existing LNP patches and we have added (NEW) support for the LEGO Infrared Remote Control to the released 0.2.6 to create this new test version. If you are an avid LNP user (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Multiple source files

(this comes up because I'm finally trying to incorporate these changes into the next release of legOS... -Stephen) (...) This part didn't work for me! The dependency only rule didn't work. I'm running on Debian (GNU make 3.79.1, as shown by 'make (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Multi Source Programs

(...) Frank, This question has come up a number of times. I spent some time on this answer so I'd understand the current state of this problem. Part of the answer is found in an earlier post from Pat Welch: (URL) Some changes in our makefiles have (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Multi Source Programs

I am developing some code and would like to compile multiple sources in one program. I cannot figure out how to do this. All the make targets seem to only allow one source file. What are my options? Can I compile my source as a library? If so how? (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lego IR Remote - What is max send rate?

(...) I am not exactly sure, but you might consider using a vector in the robot so if a key is missed it continue on the same vector. In order to accomplish this you would need to have messages for keypresses and keyreleases. So if the robot does (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Lego IR Remote - What is max send rate?

I'm working on the motor key handler for legOS support of the IR remote. I'm looking at service rates of keypresses at the remote. In studying how The Mindstorms OS responds to the remote I noticed that holding the key down (for motor keys) kept the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to orientate a robot?

Fredrik, I notice you are planning on using MATLAB/Simulink for simulating transition diagrams and testing your design. Did you know that if you have Real-Time Workshop you can generate auto-code for the MindStorm it self without having to recode or (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help request : LegOS 2.5, demo/c++.cpp make failure

(...) Thanks for that info - I was thinking *I* must have done something stupid ! (...) Good point ! I hadn't yet considered the overhead aspect. Thanks for the help ! jl (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to orientate a robot?

Hello! I just wanted to to tell about a project that we are working at. We are two students and our instructor at the university in Gavle, Sweden. You can find more information about the project at: (URL) expected result for this work is to show how (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: constructing a new network protocol for LegOS

I'm a teaching assistant for a course at brown university that uses legOS and the RCX extensively. I've added quite a bit to legOS (0.2.5) to suit our course needs, but the rest is all still there. I've written up some documentation and an API for (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact