 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2504
2503  |  2505
Subject:
Lego IR Remote - What is max send rate?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:06:40 GMT

I'm working on the motor key handler for legOS support
of the IR remote.  I'm looking at service rates of
keypresses at the remote.

In studying how The Mindstorms OS responds to the remote
I noticed that holding the key down (for motor keys)
kept the motor running smoothly.

I know that if we miss key presses due to our service rates
our movement will not be smooth.

Anybody happen to know the max rate of key-press transmission?
Or have measured this?  Anybody have a setup with which they
can measure this?  Or does anybody know of technical information
on web that might be of help?

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,
Stephen    member of legOS team