 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1561 – 1580 of 2193.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: fast download with Serial-Tower is no faster

(...) Frederic, lejosrun does not support 4x download. It has a -f or --fast flag but the "use_fast" variable that this sets is not used. lejosfirmdl does support 4x download with serial towers. It does this by first downloading a fast firmware (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

tower
(score: 1.382)

  RCX & RIS, a fading glory?

Ok, I haven't been around for a little while and I haven't seen any news at all about this, so I'm going to ask my fellow members: What's happening to the RIS?? The last update, 2.0, was not even close to being an update, all there was was some (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.379)

  Help with DataOutputStream and DataInputStream

Hi people, I´m working with lejos 2.1 and the serial tower. I was trying to send a matrix of floats from the PC to the RCX using as a model the DataInputStream and DataOutputStream examples that came with lejos. The problem I have, is that I´m (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

tower
(score: 1.377)

  Re: reply framing in firmdl3/rcx_comm.c

--- From: Kekoa Proudfoot [via Pat LaVarre] ... About message framing, I would not say that the designers at Lego had something specific in mind for RCX-to-PC messages. Framing for those messages is very ad-hoc. One thing which is very useful is the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.377)

  Re: remote control and rcx

Chris Phillips's utterance expressed in news:HEL5rn.1DrD@lugnet.com: (...) okay - bought the rc after I had upgraded the old rcx. (...) hmm seems a little embarassing for TLC. I've had ir-devices for many years and this is the least functional thing (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.375)

  Re: sending a message from the RCX to the PC

(...) ? If you are writing your own RCX OS, you should know that you can't use original firmware opcodes without the original firmware. What you need to do is directly interface with the IR port, which is beyond me. (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.375)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) Which COM port is RIS using? Can you describe exactly what BricxCC says/does when you try to get it to find your brick? Does the tower light come on at all? As was suggested already, try choosing the same COM port that RIS uses rather than (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.375)

  Re: Communicating between two RCX'es with cable

(...) Why do you want to communicate with a cable when you can use IR transmission ? I think this IR transmission very easy to use and in this case you could use 6 sensors and 6 motors together. May be the use of LejOS is the reason....(I don' t (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

ir
(score: 1.375)

  Re: constant green light

(...) That the light stays on during Windows Suspend suggests to me that it has something to do with the power management features of your laptop. Try temporarily turning off the power management option and see if the tower behaves differently. I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.375)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

Could you please send me all your files? (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb
(score: 1.374)

  Re: Upgrade RCX?

(...) Hi Rand, I have started an hardware replacement for the RCX. Its based on an 16bit µController, an Infineon (Siemens) C164 with 128kb flash, 128kbSRAM and 64kb EEPROM. The controller plus the all memory is on a module from Phytec "Dipmodule (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 1.374)

  Re: Get/SetCommTimeouts

"Shashank Date" <sdate@everestkc.net> wrote in message news:Htuzyn.6qG@lugnet.com... (...) parameters. I (...) The "SetCommTimeout" function only applies to "COMx" serial ports. You are trying to use it on a USB port! (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 1.374)

  Re: constant green light

(...) Any word on whether you have discovered that the power management settings of the OS have any effect on the geen light situation? I haven't had a chance to play with my serial tower on my XP desktop PC yet. John Hansen (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.374)

  RE: NEW LEGO USB Driver

As Mike pointed out, it is a hyper-threading problem. The reason for winXP not working, but W2K works, may very well be that W2K does not support hyperthreading feature, but WinXP does. I wonder if Mike or anyone does indeed disable the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb
(score: 1.374)

  Re: constant green light

(...) That's interesting. On my new XP eMachine PC we have noticed that when we shutdown (and it powers off the PC) that we have to switch the power switch on the power strip that our computer plugs into or it will sometimes hold our phone line open (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.373)

  Re: Transmitting a message from the RCX to the PC

(...) This is a good technique for addressing messages to an individual RCX, and I've used it myself on many occasions. In this case, it is your RCX or NQC program on the 'bot that is "responding" or "not responding" either by taking action or (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.373)

  legousb driver under kernel 2.4.20-athlon

I tried to install the usb driver on my 2.4.20-4GB-athlon kernel. After the configure and make part I take root identity and try the make install but the compiler give me that error : /lib/modules/2.4.20-...sbtower.o: kernel-module version mismatch (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 1.372)

  Re: Communicating between two RCX'es with cable

Hi, (...) Because I want the IR ports free to use along with proximity sensors. (...) Well, if it is not too much to ask... :-) But nevertheless, LejOS should support some low level output handling on A-C before I could use it... Regards, Martin (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

ir
(score: 1.372)

  RE: Ideas for NQC

(...) ...a bit like NQP (Not Quite Pascal) :D ? (...) That would have to be called NQB (Not Quite BASIC) ;) Ok, now, seriously, this could be usefull for lazzy typists like me, but remember that C is case sensitive, so, how could BricxCC decide (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb
(score: 1.372)

  Re: Remote control under linux

(...) Looking at your program, I see that you use code like the following to "run" a program: else if(data == P1) code0=0x91+alt; code1=0x00; send(2); This will only do half of the job. This is a "Set Program Number" opcode, which is the equivalent (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir
(score: 1.371)

More:  Next Page >>