 Robotics / RCX / 1997
Re: constant green light
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:49:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Brian H. Nielsen writes:
  I had the opposite problem.  It worked fine, but whenever I powered off
my system the green light came on and stayed on.

That's interesting.  On my new XP eMachine PC we have noticed that when we
shutdown (and it powers off the PC) that we have to switch the power switch
on the power strip that our computer plugs into or it will sometimes hold
our phone line open (I haven't sorted it out entirely, but I think it only
happens if we shutdown while the modem is still being used).  I think this
may have something to do with BIOS settings that enable your computer to
wake or turn on when it detects a signal on the the lan, serial port, or
modem.  My modem problem seems more likely to be simply a bug in the
built-in 56k modem.  I'll have to have a look at my BIOS settings to see if
anything looks like it is related.

I still haven't had an opportunity to play with my serial tower on my XP
machine to see if I can get the green light to stay on.

John Hansen