 Robotics / RCX / 1988
Re: constant green light
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 04:10:31 GMT

Just yesterday I reinstalled my serial IR Tower on a Win 98 machine and had
the green light stay on all the time.

It turned out to be an issue of 'port confusion'.  When I switched ports
(put the tower on COM1 and the other device on COM2) the problem went away.

I don't understand why.  Perhaps something in the software I use (Robolab)
likes COM1 better.

Jerry

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Pat LaVarre writes:
--- Titled & posted by me for Kekoa Proudfoot

About the tower's constant green light in XP, is this problem seen by
everybody using XP?

--- End Post (Kekoa's not now able to receive authentication email)