 Robotics / RCX / 1990
Re: constant green light
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:04:28 GMT

In summary, I think now we say:

Anyone interested enough to go see if their Win XP experience matches with/
differs from mine?  Me, I've been reporting Yes Yes Yes in reply to the Three
point quiz:

Q1) Does your serial/IR tower green light shine after boot, before launching
comm software?

Q2) Does launching comm software turn the light Off?

Q3) Does the light come back On during a Windows Suspend of the comm software?

Myself I did see one exception: with NQC I answered No to Q3, because I don't
yet know how to ask NQC to leave a port open without speaking thru that port
for five or more seconds or more.

In any case I will enjoy trying all the potential solutions suggested so far.

Thanks again in advance, Pat LaVarre

P.S. Caution: merely trying a Windows Suspend may crash your computer.  And
crashing your computer without already having backed up your HDD is not a good
idea.