 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 141 – 160 of about 2200.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Some goals, ideas, etc. for a new bytecode interpreter (long)

(...) What do you mean by end-user? Does keeping the end-user look and feel mean keeping the existing opcodes intact? You seemed to have mentioned this as a goal before but maintaining just the "look and feel" might no longer mean that. Also, you (...) (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long, tower
(score: 4.459)

  Re: Blocking IR

(...) So I just tried this, and it took more than a few minutes to get it to work. But it does work. Apparently, the modulation of the IR signal is needed for the light sensor to give a reading. The standard modulation used during regular IR (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, long
(score: 4.455)

  Re: IR questions

(...) Only transmitting keeps the tower alive, at least according to my tests. If absolutely necessary, an occasional 0xff sent by the PC will keep the tower alive; this will result in only a start bit being sent, which ought to occupy very little (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

ir, long, tower
(score: 4.449)

  where to buy individual parts?

Hi, My school currently has a robotics course that uses the RIS kits and LegOS. We're trying to expand the size of our class, and consequently need additional parts (and replacements for missing/broken parts) I've looked around on the lego homepage (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.448)

  Re: Lego Network Protocol questions

(...) So of course I was curious about getting rid of the complements. Apparently, they are not necessary, or so my testing so far seems to indicate. Under the several lighting conditions I tried, and for distances of up to 27' (the farthest I could (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

ir, long, tower
(score: 4.447)

  Re: Lego Network Protocol questions

Ralph Hempel wrote in message <000001beb0e4$f9d0df...pro150>... (...) I'll back you up on this as well. I did some experiments using two towers connected to two different PCs, and found that I could send raw bytes from one PC to the other without (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

ir, long, tower
(score: 4.443)

  Announcement: OnScreen Programming for Legos RCX

(URL) readme.txt (ASCII version of web page, note some of the content reads especially better on the web, or using a fixed spaced font): OnScreen Programming version 1.0 for Lego Mindstorms Once installing this system, the Lego Mindstorms RCX can be (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

ir, long, tower
(score: 4.442)

  ROBOLAB 2.5 (USB) woes with Mac OS 9.2

I just gave my son ROBOLAB (2.5, with USB tower, in the Team Challenge set) and can't get it to run on our Power Macintosh G3 running Mac OS 9.2.1. When I bring up ROBOLAB, the "ADMINISTRATOR" button is not enabled, so I can't download firmware to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.441)

  remote control using PIC16F877

Hello everyone. I've just developed a remote control for the RCX using the PIC16F877. It's very useful due to the fact that it does not need a computer, but still needs the ir tower (the serial one, sorry I'll try to adapt the project tu use the new (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.436)

  Re: Long range IR mode.

(...) Just scanned through Kekoka's excellent dissection of the ROM routines. Seems like system variable/register at address $ff7b contains the relevant Long range/Short range bit flag, ie. bit 0 toggles the IR range 0 = Long, 1 = Short. Could I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 4.434)

  downloading BrickOS firmware for first time

Hi all, I have built brickos 0.9.0 on Linux platform kernel 2.4.29. Brickos was successfully built with only C (no c++) support. My Lego is RCX2.0 and I am trying to download for first time the standard firmware. For connection with the RCX I am (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.434)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

In theory - this could work. The Linux IR project folks have had success with using laptop IR ports as remote control devices, but the range is short, and the viewing angle rather limited too.. I've toyed with this myself, and written some code (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir, tower
(score: 4.433)

  Long range IR mode.

Does anyone know how to switch the RCX to long range IR mode in PBForth? Dave (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 4.427)

  linux USB driver.

For anyone who want's it, I have a linux USB driver for the lego IR tower. If anyone is interested, the tar ball of driver and pathces to nqc and legOS can be found at: (URL) am hoping to reconsile my driver with the version that was being worked (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.424)

  RE: Long range IR mode.

<Range mode intro snipped> (...) I'd redefine it something like this....use upper case BASE @ HEX \ To keep from evaluating HEX every time... : RANGE_SET ( f -- ) \ non-zero is long, 0 is short >R FFB7 DUP C@ R> IF FFFE AND ELSE 0001 OR THEN SWAP C! (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 4.422)

  Re: Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225

Hello to all, Thanks for all those who wrote in with suggestions for how to get my RCX bricks to work with the PowerMac 5500s that I was having trouble with. Here's a summary of my experiences and how I eventually got enough working machine to teach (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, long
(score: 4.420)

  Re: Long range IR mode.

(...) Great, much more generalized code. What are the >R and R> words BTW? Did FFB7 C@ . and found the contents to already FE, as in, it appears that the default IR mode is indeed Long to start with. Seems like the effective range is much shorter (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 4.418)

  brickOS-0.9 and 'error deleting program' message

I am new to Mindstorms, but not new to computer science. Anyway I am unable to load any program to the RCX robot using the dll. I have built the brickOS system using a egcs (v. 1.1.2) hitachi cross compiler on a Linux platform running the 2.6 (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.417)

  Re: write files2

(...) By "connected" do you mean always within range of the infrared tower? (...) How long do you need to do this? Do you need to access the text file while the robot is running, or do you only plan to use the data after the experiment is over? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

range, long, tower
(score: 4.416)

  RE: Long range IR mode.

(...) I don't have this word defined yet. If you like and REALLY need it, I can roll it into the next release which will use the ROM math routines for speed. I could (time permitting) roll a special release out for you in the next few days with just (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 4.414)

More:  Next Page >>