 Robotics / RCX / 2106
Re: DCC for the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 03:49:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, David Koudys wrote:

Got the programming part--all motors on differnt Loco #'s--figured it out.

I wouldn't mind building that Ack circuit though, so any advice on using hte
LEGO diodes would be helpful.

When you say LEGO diodes, are you sure you aren't referring to the thermistor
that some DCC mods have you remove? Maybe I'm confused of course... whose
conversion instructions did you follow?

I thought that the little doohickey that goes across the motor inputs on the
electric motor in the housing was a diode--don't quite remember where i picked
up that idea, but a 'noise reducing' thing makes more sense.

Anyway, i'll go get a couple resistors and go from there.

Dave K