 Robotics / RCX / 2096
Re: DCC for the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 03:52:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mark Riley wrote:
Hello All,

I've completed a new bit of firmware that enables the RCX
to act as a DCC Command Station.  For those who are not
familiar, DCC (short for Digital Command Control) is a means
of sending electrical signals over model railroad tracks to
control DCC equipped locomotives and accessories.

Here's the URL for the firmware download and all the
juicy details:

http://home.surewest.net/markril/lego/dcc/index.html

I'm interested in all feedback, especially with regards to
operation with the various types of DCC decoders.

I forget if I already replied with how nifty this is. I spotlighted it, I put in
a news article at ILTCO (we're having some domain problems right now, a
temporary url is iltco.northcomp.com) and I added it to the .trains header

That ought to show my admiration for this, I think.

Anyhow... How mandatory is the bridging of the three outputs together? Can one
just route the three outputs independently to different layout sections? Or is
it key that they be connected together close to the source?