 Robotics / RCX / 2099
Re: DCC for the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 21:27:20 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Esger Abbink wrote:

<snip>

Aside from the above there's the power/heat dissipation problem. In the above
example the resistor can be quite easily damaged since it needs to dissipate
quite an amount of power and is often undersized in that respect.

I hope these words were small enough. ;)

Esger

Perfectly understood.  Thanks!

My problem has always been that I wanted to get into electronics, but all those
resistors 'n such used to have all these coloured stipes to denote the different
resistances and such--

Well I'm colourblind, see, and that made it a little difficult, especially once
the resistors and all the other compnents were spread all over my desk.

So I didn't go into a more fluent understanding of electronic
components--instead I went into programming :)

Anyway, thanks again!

Dave K