 Robotics / RCX / *8685 (-20)
  Re: Ideas for NQC

"John Hansen" <JohnBinder@aol.com> escribió en el mensaje news:HuB9Bv.1KyA@lugnet.com... (...) NQC (...) What I download is an upgrade or the whole program again? Is it necessary to uninstall the previous version? (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) It sounds like firmware download is aborting when trying to shift from normal to fast speed. Fast firmware download with the USB tower has always been a bit touchy. Make sure you have the most recent version of MacNQC, since there was a fix a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) Did anyone mention a more trivial possible explanation, that high frequency neons may extremely disturb LEGO IR-communication. When we worked over our Mars-mission telerobotics project, everything perfectly run in our rooms, but when we moved (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

Hi Albert, (...) since you always get the error at the same point, maybe your version of NQC is too old? The firmware has increased in size, and some old versions can't handle that. Jürgen (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) I have had this problem before as well. Sometimes this can be from too much ambient light or florescent light interfering with communication. Try isolating the tower and the brick by putting a small box or jacket over them. If this doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX.NET lets you program directly from .NET code

Hi guys! Some weeks ago I was trying to build a remote controlled (web page) camera using my RCX and .NET. I tried many libraries and no one worked ok. Then I decided to built my own .NET library, and It worked perfect. Now I'm sharing this with (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.technic)

  RE: RCX firmware download

I don't have a Mac box... But there are quite a bit of Intel users have similar problems. By any chance your Panther box has hyperthreading turned on. For the Intel users, the final verdict is hyperthreading feature being the culprit. Some (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX firmware download

Hi, Wonder if I can get some help in this forum, hope so ;) I've been trying to download the firmware (standard) to a RCX. After I turn it on, the cone signal blinks, and it accepts communication with the IR tower. Then it starts downloading and in (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  How to guarantee packet delivery ?

I am implementing the stmt "rc=lnp_addressing_write()" in a while loop until (rc != 0). Receiving unit sends an ack which is treated by lnp_addressing_write() as a data collision w/rc= -1. It works ok as long as a reflection or actual collision does (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX IR to RF conversion

Hi, My name is Tiago, and I'm from Brazil. This is my first post here, but I'm watching this group for a long time. Recently I saw a post here about a RCX IR to RF converter, created by the NEAT group. I was wondering, does anyone build their (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  First LEGO Robotics course at Tel-Aviv University

Hi all, 2 weeks ago I finished teaching the first course of Mindstorms in Tel-Aviv University - Israel and wanted to share pictures from the entire course. (URL) Enjoy Yaron "Webrain" Dori (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, FTX) !

  Re: brickos in SuSE 9.0

Hi, I'm using suse9 and managed to get it working by installing debian utilities and installing the recommended(in brickos HOWTO) h8300 binutil/gcc versions as debian packages. But I'm using a different version of brickos0.2.09 because I'm having (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickos in SuSE 9.0

Hi, I have installed brickos-0.2.6.10.6 in my SuSE 9.0 machine. First, I downloaded binutils-2.14.tar.gz and gcc-3.3.tar.gz Then I built h8300-hitachi-hms crosscompiler from gcc and binutils. After that, I have downloaded and installed (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) I usually use the Microsoft C++ 6.0 compiler for my Windows programs, although the code should compile with little/no modification in any Windows-compatible C++ compiler. (Both the Borland and the GNU/GCC compilers should be able to rebuild (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: problems with "dll"

Try this: ./dll [options] that's a period and a forward slash before the dll Dan "Franz Steinmetz" <franzlst@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:HvyC12.20wJ@lugnet.com... (...) helloworld (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) Thanks for this suggestion, but I don't want to use Lejos. It is too much a high-level language for the purpose of this class. (...) That's also one of my problems: I only use Linux, but the school uses Windows for this class. (...) Merci. (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) I just looked over it, and it seems very near to my needs. I may try to modify it for writing to the USB tower. Thanks. By the way, which C++ compiler do you use ? (...) Remote" program. Am I right ? If so, it would be quite easy for me to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) Here are a couple of websites that may help: (URL) got them from other members in response to my request for help with communication via the USB port. My request was posted on the NQC site: (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: control RCX from PC

Salut Benjamin, (...) Lejos can do that, and it could also be used on the RCX. (...) I would bet on the RemoteCommand (0xD2) LASM command. There is a description in the SDK 2.5, "LASM byte codes.pdf", page 61. The SDK can be found by (URL) could (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: control RCX from PC

(...) I have a simple WIN32 console application (with C source code) that opens the USB tower to listen for messages from the RCX. You can easily modify this program (using the WriteFile() API system function) to talk to the RCX. (URL) not exactly (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact