 Robotics / RCX / *4405 (-20)
  Re: New Group?

(...) Well, sometimes there's only one way to find out -- build it and see if they come. If we create a group/list for it and it turns out DOA then we can either delete it or ignore it. If there's a user-base for GBP, and you've got (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

Thanks for the info on the electric datalink. It's a clever idea that I never would have thought of myself. It seems to me that you could cut down on your transmission time if you changed the shape of your pulse train. The pauses between bits don't (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The sound of train

I guess not - I don't even know what it is. All I have seen of this is some schematics of the electronic circuit for it. And that was 1 years ago I think Sonnich Zhengrong Zang <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:3ABEA0D8.2F4462...ame.com... (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

I am not positive about this, but some of the jitter may be due to the mode in which the motor outputs work. They are PWM at 125 Hz, so I am wondering if, when the byte code to change an output setting is executed, the new state setting is placed (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

Hi Bernd, When you need it really fast, you sholud use legOS instead of NQC. A program written with NQC uses the LEGO firmware, which is a ByteCode Interpreter. This pogram is interpreted Byte after Byte from firmaware. The firmware executes the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Neural network for legOS... ??

Hi everybody I'm looking for a free neural network library, that I can use with legOS. Anybody knows where to look ?? Niels (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: .lx format

(...) Look at legOS makefiles. The lx file is generated from two symbolsrec executables linked to different positions. The files are generated with a special linker script "legOS.lds". Maybe you can do the same with your compiler and use the makelx (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sending variables betwen rcx's?

Hi Adam, if I understand your problem correctly, you want to transmit a sensor value from one RCX to another RCX which will work with that value. Now, if the 2 RCXs can "see" each other than simply use the Message statement. If not, you should take (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

It's me again with the subject "electrical datalink between 2 RCXs" (I posted some articles a couple of weeks ago). This subject may seem trivial but in fact it is not. Dealing with it, I discovered some "unpleasanties" in the general execution of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: code

(...) [etc.] Also, don't you use ROTATION_X instead of SENSOR_X once you get the rotation sensor set up on that port? I thought it was something like that. I'd also like to comment that this is dangerous. It's theoretically possible that your sensor (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: code

yego, The wait_event function takes an event function as the first parameter, not a sensor number. You need something like (forgive any errors - I don't have LegOS available at work) int rotation_event_3(wakeup_t data) { if (SENSOR_3 == data) return (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  code

Hi, I'm a newbie to c++ and legOS. Here is my code. Do you know what is wrong with it cause I don't. Thanks /* s.c*/ #include <unistd.h> #include <dmotor.h> #include <dsensor.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { /* turn it on */ (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The Making of "Creative Projects with LEGO Mindstorms"

Cool site, Ben. Looking forward to your book! -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) Erwin" <ben@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:GAsADu.56u@lugnet.com... (...) itself (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  The Making of "Creative Projects with LEGO Mindstorms"

(URL) week I had the opportunity to watch my book get printed. The book itself is about the process of making a robot -- so here is a website about the process of making the book -- which itself is very robotic! -Ben (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: The sound of train

Do you have any NQC code? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Library use in LegOS

Jakob "Fepp" Engblom <fepp@ieee.org> wrote in message news:GAr7Gr.2v3@lugnet.com... (...) handled (...) Each program gets it's own copy (...) Hmmmm. Not sure. Wish I knew more about compiler internals... (...) have (...) It's all custom written - (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: cannot download RCX Code

(...) You might try disableing the FIFO (if it has one) in the serial port configuration. Depending on what other applications use the serial port, you will probably want to re-enable the FIFO when using those applications. Mike (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS papers?

(...) I could do with some technical references for my bibiliography, and so after much searching[1], I can reveal that that AUC is Aalborg University, Denmark. Furthermore, most of the authors can be found in the Computer Science department: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linking failure when 'making' an lx file

(...) Syntax error: you are missing a parenthesis at the start, right after the if. But gcc should give a fat error at the ">" sign I believe. if( COND ) STATEMENT; if( (ul_var1 - ul_var2) > sizeof(uchar)) STATEMENT; (...) It is miraculous that the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Memory Usage

(...) Having written a few embedded-systems compilers, I must say that using floating point on an 8-bit chip like the H8 is generally considered crazy. The values eat memory, and the libraries drawn in can get really large (at least for a production (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact