 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1792
Re: code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 04:01:09 GMT

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Ross Crawford wrote:

yego,

The wait_event function takes an event function as the first parameter, not
a sensor number. You need something like (forgive any errors - I don't have
LegOS available at work)

int rotation_event_3(wakeup_t data)
{
if (SENSOR_3 == data)
[etc.]

Also, don't you use ROTATION_X instead of SENSOR_X once you get the
rotation sensor set up on that port? I thought it was something like that.

I'd also like to comment that this is dangerous. It's theoretically
possible that your sensor check will miss the 2 position, getting called
on 1 and then 3. Your wheel would probably have to be going fast, or you'd
have a ton of tasks running, but I personally would be more comfortable
programming it a bit more defensively using a <= or similar. Of course,
these are all issues to worry about after the code actually *works*. :)

--
"From now on, we live in a world where man has walked on the moon.
And it's not a miracle, we just decided to go." -- Jim Lovell

Mike Ash - <http://www.mikeash.com/>, <mailto:mail@mikeash.com>