 Robotics / RCX / *3780 (-20)
  MacNQC and RCX Troubles

I just got RIS1.0 and can't seem to get the RCX to respond using MacNQC or RCX Command Center running under Virtual PC 3.0. My cabling seems ok (using Palm 3 mac serial port adapter) as the green light on the IR tower comes on whenever I send a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Serial to USB Adapters for iMac

On a slightly related note, I've been trying to get all this to work via Linux on a PowerBook FireWire. I have a keyspan USB PDA adapter (USA-19), I seem to be able to at a minimum send characters to the tower (the green light of justice lights up) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  LeJOS

Is there any documentation on classes for the LeJOS? How do I write a program that accesses all the motors, senors, etc? Is it worth the trouble to replace the firmware? (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Long range IR mode

(...) Disclaimer: I didn't try ANYTHING of this... According to Kekoa's Internals, the ROM routine 0x3250 (0x3266) with parameter 0x1770 sets the IR range to long (short). So you need to do something like: push 0x1770 jsr 0x3250 pop ; Stack should (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Long range IR mode

I've discovered the RCX is in long range mode UNTIL I send it a POWER_INIT pbForth command. Pity... what's the way around this, anyone ? (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Lightsensor

(...) This are normal values for a light sensor. The values depend on the light in the room and the properties of the thing you're looking on (with the lightsensor). I use 40 for the border between white and black and it works well. Rainer (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Latest Version of Cygwin

Hi folks, does anyone out there have problems with the latest version of cygwin, i.e a non-compile problem. I was using cygwin-b20 and it worked a treat on my win2k machine, but with the latest version (116), the compiler seems to die, it makes a (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Lightsensor

Hi all, as a newbie I have a problem in the training center with my new 1.5 RIS. The lightsensor shows only a range of 37/47 in view-mode between black and white. (and so it doesn´t beep) Is this normal or due to a msfunction of the sensor ? Thomas (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rotary Sensor and RCX Code

"Greg Majewski" <citrusx__@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G66zu6.6o3@lugnet.com... (...) turn (...) How about a clue instead? You need to also use the "reset rotation" command block after the watcher since you are trying to detect relative (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Serial to USB Adapters for iMac

(...) "no reply from RCX" is probably not an adapter problem. My first guess would be that the RCX doesn't have firmware loaded (If you see "00.00" on the display, firmware is loaded, if you just see an icon and "1", then it isn't). Second guess (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Rotary Sensor and RCX Code

I am having sever problems figuring out how to get the rotary sensor to do what I want it to with RCX Code. All I want it to do is to make a motor turn clockwise when the sensor turns clockwise, and make a motor turn counter-clockwise when the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Configuration Management

I've written a bash shell script to create a release archive of legOS. Unlike most projects on SourceForge, legOS doesn't actually have a build process, it's simply a matter of packaging up the files. There are two files, the script itself (I call (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Serial to USB Adapters for iMac

Hello Up until yesterday my nephew has been using the Xircom USB to Serial adapter on an iMac (Blueberry 350 ) with MPW NQC quite successfully. Now NQC seems to be able to transmit via the adapter (the green data light flashes on the adapter and on (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: what is a "single byte difference" error from makelx?

(...) Speaking of your battery code, I think we should add a demo program that utilizes your function. Rossz P.S. Merry Christmas // Displays the battery voltage level, e.g. "8.7v". Ok, so the "v" // looks more like a "u". It's a limitation of the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release date for RCX 2.0?

Does anyone know if RCX 2.0 is going to include the ability to program a Scout using the GUI language? "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:3A46D27F.D6361C...ame.com... (...) local (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  what is a "single byte difference" error from makelx?

While compiling my simple battery voltage indicator after an upgrade from 0.2.2 to 0.2.5 (CVS from sourceforge) I get no errors during the build or ld and then: /ibm/legOS/sourcefor...til/makelx battery.ds1 battery.ds2 battery.lx single byte (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release date for RCX 2.0?

The RCX2.0 had released in November in Japan. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: newbie question

(...) I guess the motors with Lego firmware are only floating and not breaked in the impulse-pause. With legOS you have breaked motors in the impulse-pause. If you would not use legOS try pulsing it yourself with brake an slow. Rainer (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  newbie question

I have been playing around with controlling LEGO trains with the control lab and the RCX but keep bumping in to the same problem. I need the motor output to be smoother and slower. This is so I can slowly approach a sensor and stop the train without (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Error creating program

What, exactly does it mean when dll says "error creating program"? I run into this from time to time where it will give me this error, but reloading the OS makes it go away... for a while. Tonight I did a little investigation, and it appeared to be (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact