 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 888
887  |  889
Subject:
newbie question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 07:57:14 GMT

I have been playing around with controlling LEGO trains with the control lab
and the RCX but keep bumping in to the same problem. I need the motor output
to be smoother and slower. This is so I can slowly approach a sensor and
stop the train without over shooting it. I have tried an over dampened back
and forth stratigy but it looks really dump and is horribly ineficient. This
was solved by model Railroaders by pulsing the motors. 1/10 of a sec is way
too slow to pulse the motor. Is there a faster "tick" on the RCX or has
someone solved this in another way, maybe looping a few thousand times...

SteveB