 Robotics / RCX / 923
Re: Rotary Sensor and RCX Code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:53:49 GMT

"Greg Majewski" <citrusx__@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:G66zu6.6o3@lugnet.com...
I am having sever problems figuring out how to get the rotary sensor to do
what I want it to with RCX Code. All I want it to do is to make a motor • turn
clockwise when the sensor turns clockwise, and make a motor turn
counter-clockwise when the sensor is counter-clockwise. Basically, what
values do I need to set the sensor watcher to?

How about a clue instead?  You need to also use the "reset rotation" command
block
after the watcher since you are trying to detect relative instantanious
rotation instead of
the total absolute rotation the watcher is designed for.  You also might
need 2 watchers.

Lego could have made programming this a lot more user friendly. I can • think of
multiple ways that this could be improved.  . . .

Hmm, so you are saying it's not perfect?  Well, I don't know about that...
:)